Sales Specialist - Crop Vitality
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering, and meaningful.
Crop Vitality, the leading producer of sulfur-based plant nutrition and originator of Thio-Sul®, has an exciting opportunity for you to be part of a growing team.
Join the Crop Vitality team as a Sales Specialist and be part of a collaborative team of agronomists and other sales specialists.
As a Sales Specialist, you will report directly to the Regional Sales Manager and manage the Southern Texas Region (Seguin, Hondo, Laredo, Uvalde and San Antonio).
As the Sales Specialist for Crop Vitality, you will nurture established relationships, develop new relationships with new distributors & retailers, and maintain and manage the existing book of business. In addition, you will play a key role in educating our current and new customers in expanding the Crop Vitality product portfolio into the Organic market.
The most valuable candidate will be energetic, self-motivated, and thrive in a collaborative environment while bringing experience in agriculture, including sales and agronomy. You will also enjoy finding solutions to problems for the customer and be comfortable presenting technical information to small and large groups.
What you can expect to do:
- Align with and personify the company’s purpose statement and value proposition.
- Research and identify sales opportunities for TKI Crop Vitality products within the assigned region.
- Develop clear and compelling written proposals or quotes for current and prospective customers.
- Develop quarterly and annual sales forecasts focused on crops grown in the assigned region.
- Supply management with oral and written reports about customers’ needs, problems, interests, and offers from competitors’ pertinent market intel.
- Provide sales support and agronomic insights to existing dealers in the territory.
- Schedule, organize, and execute TKI Crop Vitality product presentations to distributors, retailers, and growers.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and providing follow-up service.
- Be involved with relevant industry organizations and trade associations, and attend industry events as appropriate.
- Keep abreast of changes in product application, relevant technology, market conditions, and industry news.
- Monitor and report competitors’ activities within the specified region of responsibility.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agronomy, plant nutrition, or other life sciences.
- Possess or be willing to obtain a Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) license.
- Three years minimum of field experience in plant nutrition, soil science, or other agricultural-related science – a technical understanding of plant nutrition is preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, not required.
- Experience in contract negotiation and demonstrated success in an agricultural product sales role.
- Demonstrate the ability to problem-solve and determine solutions for customers.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to speak knowledgeably while presenting product information to both small and large groups.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work within budget, expenses and time constraints.
- Maintain a professional appearance, including wearing TKI Crop Vitality apparel while representing the company on sales calls, conferences, or business events.
- Self-motivated with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willing to travel 60% to 70% of the time.
Crop Vitality, a global brand within the Tessenderlo family, has demonstrated its commitment to nurturing crop life through innovation, research, and sustainable crop nutrition for agriculture. Our diverse product portfolio addresses the challenges of modern agriculture by combining essential nutrients to improve soil health, increase water infiltration and maximize nutrient uptake.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with a dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non-Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Experience level
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- Business unit
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- United States