Regulatory Affairs Manager
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering, and meaningful.
If you want your work to positively impact the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a manufacturing company with sales in the United States, Canada and over 50 other countries. As the crop protection division of Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., NovaSource delivers a portfolio of proven and effective crop protection products to niche agricultural markets around the world. The NovaSource team is committed to providing registered products and developing new uses for existing products that provide a lasting benefit for growers.
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is adding an additional Regulatory Affairs Manager to join their talented Regulatory team. As the newest Regulatory Affairs Manager, you will be responsible for registering current and newly acquired crop protection products in the U.S. and other regions (Asia/Pacific, Latin America, Africa, Europe, and Canada).
As a Regulatory Affairs Manager, you will interact with internal and external customers, including state/provincial and federal regulatory authorities, in support of NovaSource products.
Those most successful in this role will have knowledge of EPA FIFRA pesticide registration and reporting requirements. In addition, you will have relevant technical or product safety experience, including toxicology, agronomy, environmental fate, ecotoxicology, or analytical chemistry.
- Develop and implement domestic and global registration strategies in support of business objectives
- Responsible for regulatory activities on assigned products in the USA and other regions (Asia/Pacific, Latin America and/or Canada)
- Prepare and submit pesticide registration packages to USEPA, Canada’s PMRA, and other regulatory authorities
- Use sound science to obtain timely approval of pending petitions, applications and actions
- Represent Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. in global registration activities, meetings with regulatory authorities, and industry trade associations
- Provide analysis and expertise in pesticide registration matters in support of strategic business plans
- Monitor and provide analysis of developing regulations and regulatory trends, and supply comments to internal customers, task forces, trade associations or regulatory authorities as needed
- Work with local country personnel and NS commercial units to prepare dossiers for pesticide package submissions
- Identify and coordinate external regulatory and scientific consultants toward the development of scientific reviews to support, defend and gain registrations
- Advise external consultants and/or Contract Research Organizations on appropriate data generation with the support of internal or external technical experts
- Expand NS product labels through the registration of new formulations, additional crops, new or revised use patterns, and petitions for tolerances
- Maintain knowledge of current pesticide regulations and contact with key regulatory authorities
- Convey critical knowledge to NovaSource/Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. management toward maintaining the safe use of products and anticipating regulatory impacts and costs
Key Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in agrochemical businesses
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship.
- Experience in negotiation with USEPA or other regulatory authorities on product defense and greater areas of scientific policy around the registration of pesticide products
- Knowledge of the EPA regulatory process – specifically, FIFRA 40 CFR part 158 for pesticide registration and regulation
- Scientific understanding of applicable area(s) relevant to the regulatory and registration process
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in agriculture, chemistry, environmental or health sciences, toxicology, or equivalent regulatory experience
- Excellent writing, communication, analytical and problem‐solving skills; ability to multi-task
- Good interpersonal relationship development skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Computer literate: basic functions are mandatory (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with a dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non-Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Short-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Experience level
- Mid-Senior Level
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- Business unit
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- United States