Currently, we seek a Process Engineer to support Tessenderlo Kerley plants located across the US. In this role, you will be responsible for ongoing projects, make recommended changes in procedures, and conduct and supervise assignments (all under general supervision).
As the Process Engineer, you will work closely with operators to troubleshoot and improve/debottleneck processes, provide turnaround (TA) support, review specification sheets, size equipment, and be responsible for answering chemistry and compatibility questions.
The most valuable candidates will have a background working with Sulfur Chemistry and have worked at a chemical plant or refinery. In addition, the ability to juggle multiple, sometimes ambiguous, tasks while maintaining balance and meeting deadlines is a big plus.
Reporting to the Process Engineering Manager, you will work closely with management teams sharing progress and operating with substantial latitude for unreviewed action or decision. Areas you can expect to work in:
Plant Safety Maintenance
- Review and Assist with MOCs and What-Ifs
- Review and Redline P&IDs, Spec Sheets, Equipment Drawings
- Troubleshooting – Chemistry/Quality Issues, Process/Plant Upsets, Equipment Failures
- Process Improvement
Process/Project Design including but not excluding.
- PSV Sizing, Pipe/Line Sizing, Pump Sizing, Equipment Sizing
- Review and Create Material and Energy Balances/PFDs
- Assist with loop shooting and instrument troubleshooting
- Assist with Tuning
Company Process Technology
- Chemical Compatibility
- Chemistry/Chemical Reactions
Able to lead, give sound engineering guidance/judgment for a safe and successful startup
Able to write Procedures and PSM Manual/Training Manuals
- Able to plan and execute
- Budgeting and Cost Tracking
- Contractor and Vendor Coordination
- Plant presence: Travel: 30% to 40%
- HSE compliance
- completion of MOCs, TA support, plant support
- Project oversight and reviews with management: Review of spec sheets
What we need from you:
- BS in Chemical Engineering (or other Engineering degrees eg Mechanical, Control ) with 3 to 5 years of engineering experience is required.
- Independence of action, technical knowledge, and Problem Solving – Be self-directed and able to work independently.
- You will be able to work safely, efficiently, and at an appropriate pace to meet the needs of the internal customer
- You will be effective in how you communicate your thoughts, ideas, and concepts.
- Set goals and manage time/projects with the support of management.
- Work with others to move projects/work forward. Work with others to pursue goals/ideas.
- Inspire others by professionalism, attitude, and productivity.
- Safety minded and responsible for all safety protocol.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program