Plant Maintenance Trainee - Temporary position with GREAT benefits + bonus!
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering, and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
This isn't your typical temporary position! Tessenderlo Kerley is looking for a qualified, skilled individual to fill a short-term position that comes with benefits, retention, and safety bonus, AND the possibility of relocating for a permanent position!
- $2500 retention and safety bonus (provided employee completes the assignment).
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Paid holidays and vacation days.
- Potential to relocate to another Tessenderlo Kerley facility at the end of the assignment.
- Position ends approximately on December 31, 2022.
Currently, Tessenderlo Kerley has a need to hire a Maintenance position to support plant operations in their Elko, Nevada Facility.
In the Maintenance role, you will perform plant troubleshooting and maintenance to ensure safe and efficient plant operations are being conducted.
Experience with plant maintenance with emphasis on pump maintenance is desired as this is an area of focus for this role. In addition, experience and/or certifications in Electrical or Instrumentation (I&E) and in Welding are a plus!
You will rebuild and align rotating equipment. Maintain local equipment files, conduct preventative maintenance activities, maintain spare parts inventories, and maintain work areas in a clean and organized fashion.
Assist with the development of plant Maintenance Procedures.
Perform maintenance activities as required to ensure safe and reliable process operations.
Maintain facility equipment files, conduct preventative maintenance, and maintain sufficient spare parts inventory.
Maintain all maintenance shop and parts storage areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
Troubleshoot and mitigate plant process issues.
Conduct all TKI business in a professional manner and with integrity.
Have the ability to go through training and learn how to contain, clean up, package, and label Hazardous Waste, according to HAZWOPER training and OSHA, EPA, RCRA, HM-126, and DOT regulations.
Key Knowledge Skills and Behaviors:
HS degree or GED is required
Will need to have strong technical knowledge/skills
- Experience /Certification in Electrical or Instrumentation ( I & E ) is preferred
Experience with plant maintenance with emphasis on pump maintenance is preferred
- Experience/Certifications in welding is preferred
Strong mathematical/analytical skills are a plus
Basic knowledge of chemistry
Demonstrated track record in process maintenance
Demonstrated ability to communicate and work with personnel in a professional manner
Excellent written/verbal communication skills
Strong people skills; must be comfortable with personnel from the shop floor to the executive suite
Computer literate – MS Office, SAP
Knowledge of HAZWOPER, OSHA, PSM, RCRA, DOT regulations Is preferred
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with a dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non-Taxable
- Childbearing & Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term, Short-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.