Currently Tessenderlo Kerley has a need to hire a Maintenance position to support plant operations in their Fresno, CA Facility.
In the Maintenance role you will perform plant troubleshooting and maintenance to ensure safe and efficient plant operations are being conducted.
Experience with plant maintenance with emphasis on pump maintenance, tank agitators, product conveyors, and elevator maintenance is desired but not necessary as this is an area of focus for this role.
You will rebuild and align rotating equipment. Maintain local equipment files, conduct preventative maintenance activities, maintain spare parts inventories, and maintain work areas in a clean and organized fashion.
- Assist with development of plant Maintenance Procedures.
- Perform maintenance activities as required to ensure safe and reliable process operations.
- Maintain facility equipment files, conduct preventative maintenance, and maintain sufficient spare parts inventory.
- Maintain all maintenance shop and parts storage areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Troubleshoot and mitigate plant process issues.
- Conduct all Tessenderlo Kerley business in a professional manner and with integrity.
- Have the ability to go through training and learn how to contain, clean up, package and label Hazardous Waste, according to HAZWOPER training and OSHA, EPA, RCRA, HM-126, and DOT regulations.
Key Knowledge Skills and Behaviors:
- HS degree or GED is required.
- At least 5 years experience working in general maintenance.
- Will need to have strong technical knowledge/skills.
- Experience with plant maintenance with emphasis on pump maintenance, tank agitators, product conveyors, and elevator maintenance is desired but not necessary as this is an area of focus for this role.
- Strong mathematical/analytical skills is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of chemistry.
- Demonstrated track record in process maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work with personnel in a professional manner.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong people skills; must be comfortable with personnel from the shop floor to the executive suite.
- Computer literate – MS Office, SAP.
- Knowledge of HAZWOPER, OSHA, PSM, RCRA, DOT regulations Is preferred
- Willing and able to work an 8-hour day shift with some weekends, overtime, and possible holidays if scheduled or 12-hour swing shift rotating between days, nights, weekends & holidays as scheduled. (Training schedule will be an 8-hour schedule).
- Ability to lift 50 pounds routinely throughout the work day.
- Ability to walk up to a 1/4 mile on a regular basis throughout the work day.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by management.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal upto 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.