Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies worldwide. Serving these customers is a passion and commitment that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering, and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to positively impact the world, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
As an Operator at Tessenderlo Kerley, you will support plant and terminal operations by following policy and procedures and all applicable state and federal regulations. You will be a hardworking and safety-minded individual who will enjoy being part of a team that is committed to teamwork.
As a Fresno Plant Operator, you will be part of a team and be part of a dynamic organization that promotes innovation and creative thinking. You will strive for operational and safety excellence every day as you help sustain Tessenderlo Kerley’s long-standing safety record, which has allowed most of our production facilities to operate for more than 20 years without a single lost-time incident.
At Tessenderlo Kerley, safety is a core value we take seriously. If this is a value you share as well, we invite you to learn more about our exciting opportunity as a Plant Operator.
What you will do:
- Perform all tasks associated with production to make the on-spec product.
- Outside operation of manual valves and equipment.
- Reading and recording of local instrumentation.
- Containment, clean-up, packaging, and labeling of Hazardous Waste according to HAZWOPER training and OSHA, EPA, RCRA, HM-126, and DOT regulations.
- Implement Emergency Response Plan and assist in the mitigation of emergencies.
- Routine inspection of vessels and equipment to prevent equipment failure or damage.
- Assist in plant projects including maintenance, turn-around, lockout/ tag-out, and confined space entries.
- Work at elevated heights.
- Climbing stairs and ladders.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Work outside in all weather conditions for extended periods.
What we need from you:
- H.S. diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Chemical or similar plant operations experience desired.
- Technical, mechanical, and operations experience desired.
- Good mathematical and analytical skills are required.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English and have the ability to communicate effectively.
- Be willing to work an 8-hour day shift with some weekends, overtime, and possible holidays if scheduled or a 12-hour swing shift rotating between days, nights, weekends & holidays as scheduled. (Training schedule will be an 8-hour schedule).
- Must have the ability to learn D.O.T. shipping regulations and other applicable transportation requirements.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds routinely throughout the work day.
- Must be able to walk up to a 1/4 mile regularly throughout the work day.
- Be willing to work overtime and be available for calls out as needed.
- Must know basic computer skills.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with a dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non-Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Parental and childbearing leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.