Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
Tessenderlo Kerley is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join its Project Services Team.
As the Mechanical Engineer, you will work integrally with internal and external clients to size and construct equipment, create technical drawings, generate and evaluate specifications, review code requirements, and perform mechanical integrity assessments on equipment.
What you will do:
- Design equipment and generate all supporting calculations, specifications, and drawings with key factors of safety, operability, and maintainability.
- Design vessels and other equipment while considering the impact on /design of all instrumentation, relief devices, piping, valves, foundation, structural steel, etc.
- Perform calculations for all TKI-PS shop-built vessels in accordance with ASME code requirements both manually and using CEI Design Program.
- Perform vendor and field inspections on equipment for mechanical and design conformance with TKI-PS specifications and vendor drawings. Witness any hydro or other testing to be performed.
- Implement the needs and requirements of the customer and industry standards.
- Closely monitor and verify all equipment, specialty items, etc. have been ordered and assist the QC department to ensure it meets TKI specifications.
Engineering and Miscellaneous Documentation:
- Review engineering drawings for conformance with applicable codes and design standards.
- Prepare project-specific piping and material specifications.
- Prepare and approve specifications and scopes of work for various related mechanical portions of the project such as vessel lifts and demolitions, vessel and piping insulation, refractory installation, etc.
- Review and approve equipment lists, valve lists, and P&IDs before issuing. Review these documents against each other, TKI-PS Specifications, and any other supporting documents for consistency and mechanical integrity.
- Keep master set of P&IDs current with redlines any time a change is made and make that change known to all departments (Management, Design, Mechanical, Civil/Structural, I&E, etc.).
- Prepare Procurement Request Form (PRF) for each specification created as well as commodity items and scopes of work.
- Review bids/quotes from vendors to ensure they meet requirements and delivery.
- Continually study project progress through review of the Procurement Status Report and provide any discrepancies to project admins for correction.
- Review and approve all final vendor data (VDR) packets and mechanical data books (MDB). Assist expediting and document control in obtaining and labeling the correct documentation.
- Prepare field inspection reports on each piece of equipment inspected.
- Respond to Material Receiving Inspection Reports (MRIR) when received. Implement technical knowledge and problem-solving abilities to determine the outcome of MRIR.
- Follow up on all documentation created and reviewed to ensure nothing becomes overlooked or misplaced before issuing.
- Provide additional project engineer or management support for both large and small projects.
- Meet schedule milestones and budget for projects.
- Must adhere to mechanical engineering deliverables schedule and project budget.
- Provide assistance to project management.
- Provide technical support to procurement when collaborating with vendors.
- Travel onsite for project construction support
- Provide mechanical engineering support for operational units.
- Provide project management support for small plant projects.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates for bids and budgets.
- Provide direction and solutions to document control, procurement and expediting when required for assembling VDRs, MDBs, technical drawing reviews, purchasing equipment, etc.
- Provide information and direction to other mechanical engineers while confirming everyone stays informed of all project details and deadlines.
- AutoCAD, CEI Vessel Design Program, NavisWorks Freedom, Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Visio, Pipe stress analysis program.
What we need from you:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering and 3 to 8+ years experience in projects and vessel fabrication.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Be able to effectively communicate ideas and concepts to managers, designers, engineers, and fabricators as well as to those working outside of the mechanical engineering discipline.
- Independence of Action, Technical Knowledge, and Problem Solving: Be able to perform key accountabilities and seek advice from senior engineering.
- Ability to work efficiently, and effectively and make decisions in a timely manner.
- Has experience in working independently prioritizing workload from multiple projects, following up on assigned tasks, and seeking additional help when needed.
- Show initiative by identifying tasks that need to be completed and taking the initiative to perform required work. Take the initiative to learn and obtain knowledge in all departments.
- Work well with others and create an atmosphere of team unity.
- Working knowledge of ASME, ANSI, API, NBIC, and NACE.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non-Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Maternal and Parental paid leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.