Join our Marketing and Communications team at Tessenderlo Kerley as a Marketing Specialist reporting directly to the Director of Marketing, where you will be a critical partner to the business.
We are looking for an energetic, self‐motivated marketing professional who loves branding and working on new ways to market and promote products within both B2B and 2B2C channels.
As the Marketing Specialist for Tessenderlo Kerley, you will work collaboratively with two business units and their sales teams. Your work will include creating and executing marketing campaigns, educational content, events (tradeshows and grower meetings/field days), print and radio advertising as well as video content. You will also work in concert with our digital specialist on website optimization and social media campaigns.
In addition to being an excellent communicator, you must be a go‐getter, show initiative, and have excellent multi‐tasking and organizational/project management abilities. The successful candidate is comfortable suggesting new ideas, leading those ideas to execution, and collaborating with executives.
Tessenderlo Kerley is a fast-growing company, so you must be willing to learn while on this exciting journey with us.
What you will do:
- Help design and execute comprehensive marketing strategies to create awareness of the company and its many products through B2B and B2B2C (wholesalers, crop advisors, and growers) channels.
- Create, develop, and implement a strategic marketing plan and promotional programs to drive sales.
- Conduct general market research to keep informed of trends and marketing movements by our competitors.
- Ensure marketing and promotion projects stay within budget.
- Manage tradeshow and other events. Work with sales staff to ensure that all tradeshow leads have been qualified and prepared for sales team follow-up.
- Monitor progress and submit monthly and quarterly performance reports.
- Write, proofread, and edit creative and technical content across various platforms.
- Work with external agencies and vendors to enhance Tessenderlo Kerley’s marketing programs.
- Guide the launching of new product lines and manage campaigns to engage business partners and customers.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Specialist to develop a Content Marketing plan. Help produce valuable content for the company’s online presence.
- Manage company trademarks and ensure brand guideline requirements are met.
- Plan and organize product development, branding, and communications to ensure they demonstrate the company’s unique “voice.”
- Partner with Sales Managers and Agronomists on strategy and execution to achieve target sales growth.
- Attend sales team, distributor, and grower meetings to support brand development.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in marketing
- Interest and/or experience in agriculture is helpful but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, especially in developing and designing power points
- Skilled in writing and editing content with an attention to detail
- Ability to travel as necessary, up to 20%
- Basic graphic design skills a plus (familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Excellent project management and organization skills - ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to support product development and marketing plan execution on time and within budget
- Strict adherence to deadlines; efficient worker
- Willing to go above and beyond assigned work
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, and you can effectively prioritize
- You are passionate about marketing.
- You are curious, highly organized and detail-oriented
Ideal skill and Behaviors:
- You like leading people and working alongside them
- You are an organized and an effective communicator
- You are analytical and creative
- You can understand product positioning and profit opportunities.
- You have solid organizational skills with the ability to develop mid- and long-term strategies and help develop tactics and action plans across diverse markets to achieve growth plans
- You are a multitasker, able to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects to completion
- Excellent written and verbal, and presentation communication skills
- You have the ability to represent Tessenderlo Kerley and our products to business partners, customers and the public
- You are a flexible and adaptable team player with the ability to coordinate, collaborate and engage members of our team, including senior management
- You are comfortable with data analysis, interpretation, and presentation
- You are familiar with agriculture and want to help feed the world
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal upto 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program