Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering, and meaningful.
Currently, Tessenderlo Kerley is looking to hire a Loader. In this role, you will be supporting plant operations daily through active compliance and safety measures.
In addition, as a Loader, you will be part of a dynamic organization while working alongside Plant Management at the East Dubuque Facility.
You will strive for operational and safety excellence every day and be a hard-working individual who wants to grow and develop within an organization.
Finally, you will be responsible for operating the facility according to company policy and procedures in accordance with all applicable state and federal regulations.
Below are some specific things you would be accountable for as a Loader:
- Loading of liquid fertilizer into tanker trucks.
- Offloading of sulfur trucks.
- Outside operation of manual valves/equipment.
- Maintain loading and unloading areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Reading and recording of local instrumentation.
- Perform overhead work, utilizing required fall protection when necessary to maintain plant efficiency and cleanliness.
- Report irregularities to management for corrective action.
- Routine inspection of vessels and equipment to prevent equipment failure/damage.
- Assist in plant projects, including maintenance, turn-around, Lock Out/ Tag Out, and Confined Space Entries.
- Read and understand TKI’s HS&E manual to ensure all policies are followed during plant operations and duties.
- Utilize required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing duties.
- Perform other duties as instructed by Plant Management.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors:
- HS diploma minimum or GED
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong people skills; must be comfortable working with plant personnel, contractors, and truck drivers.
- This position requires the periodic use of an SCBA and/or other types of respiratory protection, as well as other types of PPE. The employee must be able to inspect, Donn, and doff those pieces of equipment.
Physical Requirements and Expectations:
- Work outside in all weather conditions.
- Work overtime as needed and be available for call-outs as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand for prolonged periods of time, climb multiple flights of stairs, and have the ability to perform various tasks using reaching, pulling, and pushing techniques. Must be able to walk up to ¼ mile on a regular basis throughout the workday.
- Must be medically cleared to utilize self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), in-line air with full face respirator, and other respiratory equipment.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401(k) plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401(k) Company Retirement Contribution at year-end at up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation and sick time, and ten paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to $5,000 per calendar year (non-taxable)
- Adoption Assistance - up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Operations - Plants
- Experience level
- Entry Level
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- Business unit
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- United States
- East Dubuque