Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and commitment that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering, and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
A Lab Analyst is Responsible for monitoring product quality by analytical testing. Provide technical support which will facilitate efficient and effective laboratory functionality as well as results analysis and report production. Background in chemistry with previous lab experience preferred. Assist in daily activities of operations, maintenance, and loading operations. Ensure compliance with TKI policies and procedures in accordance with all applicable state and federal regulations.
What you will do:
- Comply with all TKI policies and procedures, including the proper use of appropriate PPE and the practice of “good housekeeping” standards.
- Manage all laboratory data and maintain a high level of method integrity.
- Perform shipment of all plant hazardous and non-hazardous samples.
- Assist with plant regulatory compliance, including performing the monthly Visible Emissions Monitoring.
- Timely preparation and reporting of test results via various software and written documents.
- Evaluate data received and assist in determining troubleshooting path forward.
- Assist in tracking, maintaining, and ordering the inventory of lab supplies.
- Maintain equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, and performing preventative maintenance.
- Maintain a positive attitude and perform duties independently with limited supervision.
- Assist with plant waste disposal coordination.
- Assist in resolving production, quality, and inventory issues.
- Display a strong safety leadership culture to all personnel.
- Help with maintenance projects as required.
- Identify and suggest cost-saving ideas to optimize operations.
- Maintain good communications with local plant personnel, management, and support personnel.
- Perform general plant maintenance duties including clean-up, painting projects, grounds keeping, equipment repairs, and construction projects.
- Carry out duties as otherwise directed by plant management.
- Assist with safety-related projects.
What we will need from you:
- HS diploma or GED. A degree in a technical field is preferred.
- Ability to understand, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical and electronic apparatus.
- Technical, mechanical, and operations experience desired.
- Must be able to read and understand manuals.
- Must be able to write new and or updated procedures.
- Good mathematical and analytical skills are required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Good knowledge of chemistry is required.
- Good knowledge of PSM and requirements.
At Tessenderlo Kerley we use innovative chemistry to nurture and enhance lives through the power of the sulfur molecule. We bring essential life-sustaining products to market through sustainable practices, superior customer service, and a passion for the markets we serve.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with a dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non-Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.