Import and Export Coordinator
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
Role Description:As the Import and Export Coordinator you will process and coordinate chemical-related import and export shipments of products for Tessenderlo Kerley to and from several countries. Both packaged and bulk materials are shipped utilizing regular shipping containers for packaged products and Isotainers and/or Flexi bags for bulk liquid movements.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the various BU’s within TKI and how the Customer Service Team supports and impacts them.
- Handle US-to-Canada & Mexico orders from order to cash, with little to no supervision
- Receive and process orders for export shipments.
- Cross-train in at least three other “lanes” within the Export Team to provide backup coverage to peers, as needed.
- Coordinate and collaborate with customers for export shipments.
- Coordinate with production facilities, freight forwarders, and transportation services to expedite the requisite orders.
- Coordinate and interact with business unit sales managers as a key team member.
- Coordinate with the credit manager as needed.
- Provide estimate information for import/export to/from multi-national destinations.
- Create and distribute shipping paperwork, including customs forms, to ensure compliance with export.
- Work with the regulatory affairs department to ensure all shipments comply with Import/Export requirements.
- Monitor progress of shipments to final destinations for both import and export shipments and communicate progress with business unit sales managers and customers as appropriate.
- Handle import of purchased materials by coordinating with internal procurement personnel, freight vendors, and customs broker.
- Identify areas of opportunity to reduce cost without jeopardizing service and improve service without unduly increasing cost.
- Develop strong working relationships with vendors, sales personnel, and customers.
- Assume other responsibilities as needed:
- Assist SAP team in enhancing the Import/Export module to support the International team
- Assist sales managers with customer inquiries about products, pricing, quality, or product-related issues;
- Assist efforts to improve policies/procedures to comply with the U.S and international trade policies;
- Assist business units in ensuring compliance with international trade guidelines and implementing recommendations as appropriate;
- Identify compliance risks and assist efforts to improve compliance to mitigate risks.
- Participate in training others and being trained in other cross-functional duties within the department.
- Office working environment with standard working schedule (work hours over normal hours may be required, including occasional needs to start early, stay late, or work weekends).
- Able to travel as required up to 10%.
Key Knowledge Skills and Behaviors:
- Minimum of five years of general business experience, preferably in the chemical industry.
- Experience in customer service and import/export duties are essential.
- Strong work ethic and able to work effectively in a team or individually to drive results.
- Proven ability to be well-organized and to be able to multi-task.
- Experience with US to Canada & Mexico business, is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- SAP experience or knowledge is a plus.
- IMDG and IATA certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of multi-modal transportation.
- Working knowledge of bulk liquid and packaged products shipped in associated types of containers, utilizing varied shipping equipment.
- Proficient in MS office.
- Reasonable understanding of world geography and economy is helpful.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with internal and external customers.
- Curiosity, willingness to learn, and good interpersonal skills.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non-Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.