Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
As an Estimator at Tessenderlo Kerley Inc., you will be responsible for developing all estimates required to support the company goals and objectives regarding the construction of new and/or modification of existing plants and facilities.
What you will do:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Electrical, Instrumentation and the tools, methodologies, and deliverables required to develop a viable cost estimate which meets the accuracy level of the three (3) major types of estimate requests
- Conceptual +/- 50%
- Budgetary +/- 30%
- Funding +/- 10%
- Capable of developing an estimate plan, quantifying a scope, applying material/labor/equipment pricing to a scope, and compiling a total cost estimate.
- Possess extensive field construction experience and engineering competency in order to develop Conceptual & Budgetary estimates utilizing a minimum of information. An example would be – a brief scope of work, mark-up P&IDs, and a general area plot plan.
- Capable of identifying and understanding the elements, conditions, and activities that may affect the accuracy of any type of estimate.
- Exhibit an understanding of construction productivity factors that would apply to both Greenfield (new plant) projects and Brownfield (existing plant) projects.
- Be capable of documenting a completed estimate with a “Basis of Estimate” and participating in estimate reviews.
- Must have the ability to collaborate with fellow estimators and other engineering support staff to draw on specific areas of expertise and knowledge to support the estimate development.
- Capable of managing the assigned workload and budgeting time appropriately in order to meet completion deadlines.
What we need from you:
- Electrical Engineering Degree is required, and/or a combination of education and experience
- 8-10 years of Heavy Industrial, Petrochemical, or Refining estimating experience is a MUST
- Must be an advanced user of Excel spreadsheets and have the prerequisite math skills to support estimating calculations.
- Experience with Bluebeam Software is preferred or familiarity with other on screen take-off software.
Please note: Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship to be considered.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non-Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Maternal and Parental paid leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Operations - Plants
- Experience level
- Mid-Senior Level
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- Business unit
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- United States