Drafter/Junior Piping Designer
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
Tessenderlo Kerley is looking to hire a Drafter/Junior Piping Designer to support the Project Servies Design team.
As a Drafter/Junior Piping Designer, you will prepare piping and mechanical equipment layouts with process and instrumentation diagrams, engineering specifications, and industry standards for the company's chemical plants across the country and new projects as they develop.
Those most successful Drafter/Junior Piping Designer will have at least two years of experience in process, petrochemical, and refinery design. You will have experience with plant design and have or be ready to learn 3-D Modeling.
If you want to learn and grow within a company and build your expertise as a plant and piping designer while working alongside Lead designers, Engineers, and Project Managers, this may be an excellent opportunity for you!
Under the supervision of the lead designer, you will:
- Create area equipment and piping 3d models in accordance with project specifications and standards.
- Create construction and fabrication drawings from area models to include:
- Equipment fabrication details, piping isometrics, piping plans and sections, and misc. detail drawings as required.
- Must keep drawings and models up to date with the latest P&ID revisions.
- Create bills of material for the materials of construction required for the fabrication and/or installation of equipment and piping.
- Assist lead and senior designers with project tracking documents.
What we need from you:
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- At least 2-5 years design/drafting experience is required.
- Must have a good working knowledge of fabrication and construction practices and procedures in conformance with industry standards.
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD 2018 or higher.
- Good working knowledge of Cadworx Plant Professional design software is a plus
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Drafting and design – Produce project deliverables accurately and follow company and industry standards.
- Experience in scheduling – Provide deliverables in a timely manner to ensure project schedule adherence.
- Adhering to Health, Safety, and Environmental standards.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Maternal and Parental paid leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program