Customer Service Specialist
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering, and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
Flexible work model that promotes in-office and periodic remote work dependent on business needs.At Tessenderlo Kerley, our Customers Service team works collaboratively across the entire company, ensuring first-class customer service. As part of the Customer Service team, you will value the importance of customer service and be well versed in handling customer inquiries while working closely with various internal teams such as operations, supply chain, and sales. As the Customer Service Specialist, you are responsible for providing exceptional assistance to Tessenderlo Kerley’s customers in order management and product information and maintaining and improving systems and processes. If you’re passionate about being part of a team that places importance on quality Customer Service, I invite you to read on and apply. You will:
- Manage customer orders (via phone, fax, email) using the SAP system.
- Maintain and invoice orders after a shipment is completed.
- Process price changes on orders and ensures the information in the customer master data is up-to-date.
- Support shared services with month-end closing and other related tasks.
- Support a growing number of products and continuously demonstrate proficiency in product knowledge.
- Respond to customer inquiries that may require adaptation of response or extensive research.
- Respond to inquiries and customer difficulties within the scope of authority.
- Collaborate and work with Operations and other parts of the Supply Chain team to support customers’ needs.
- Assist Sales and other personnel regarding the product, pricing, and other information.
- Assist in training and be trained in other cross-functional duties within the department.
- Assume other duties and/or specific roles as necessary to assist the organization.
You will bring with you:
- Minimum of 3-5 years in general or customer service experience.
- An associate degree or higher in a relevant course of study is preferred but not essential.
- SAP experience or knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of supply chain operations is a plus.
- Knowledge of bulk liquid and packaged products shipped in associated types of containers, railcars, or utilizing varied shipping equipment is a plus.
- Experience in mining and refineries is a plus.
- Being bilingual is a plus.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with internal and external customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Possess a strong work ethic and can work effectively in a team.
- Travel required 5-10%.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with a dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non-Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.