Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering, and meaningful.
Do you want to be part of a committed, strategic, and customer-centric team that values teamwork and curiosity? If yes, read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity we have to offer.
Currently, Tessenderlo Kerley seeks a skilled and detail-oriented Benefit Specialist to join the HR team. As the Benefits Specialist at Tessenderlo Kerley, you will be a critical team member and a dedicated partner to the business.
As the Benefits SME, you will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day administration of Tessenderlo Kerley employee benefits programs, including health, dental, vision, and disability insurance, as well as retirement and other voluntary benefits. In addition, you will ensure compliance with federal and state regulations, manage employee benefit inquiries, and provide support in benefit plan design and implementation.
Other responsibilities you could expect as the dedicated Benefits Specialist are:
- Manage the day-to-day administration of all employee benefit programs, including enrollment, claims processing, and billing.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for employees, HR, and insurance providers for all benefit-related inquiries and issues.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations governing employee benefits, including ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, and ACA.
- Collaborate with our HR team to develop and implement employee communications and education programs related to benefits.
- Conduct employee benefit orientation sessions and educate employees on plan details and options.
- Assist with the evaluation of new benefit programs or changes to existing programs.
- Assist with the annual open enrollment process, including creating and distributing enrollment materials and answering employee questions.
- Analyze and report on benefit plan utilization, costs, and trends.
- Assist with the management of relationships with insurance providers, brokers, and third-party administrators.
- Support the administration of retirement plans, including 401(k) and pension plans.
- Maintain accurate employee benefit records and ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Support HRIS changes related to benefit programs.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business Administration, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in employee benefits administration or related field.
- Experience with self-insured plans is a plus
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations governing employee benefits, including ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, and ACA.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with benefits administration software and platforms (UKG is a plus).
- Professional certifications in HR or benefits administration (e.g., CEBS, PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SCP) preferred.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401(k) plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401(k) Company Retirement Contribution at year-end at up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation and sick time, and ten paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to $5,000 per calendar year (non-taxable)
- Adoption Assistance - up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Human Resources
- Human Resources
- Experience level
- Mid-Senior Level
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- Business unit
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- United States