Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering, and meaningful.
Are you a big-picture person and a critical thinker? Do you have experience or enjoy streamlining processes and making things more efficient? Can you take big data sets and make recommendations from them? If you said yes, you might be an excellent match for our newest opportunity Sr. Accounting Analyst.
As the Sr. Accounting Analyst, you will be responsible for a broad scope of work in a complex, international accounting environment. Day-to-day responsibilities you could expect would include general ledger, month-end close, financial reporting, management reporting, consolidations, fixed asset accounting, capital expenditure accounting and reporting, financial analysis, process improvement, internal and external audit support, ad-hoc analytical decision-making support, and special projects.
Come work for Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., a dynamic company with a bright future. You will play an important role and be part of a growing team that drives continuous improvement initiatives companywide.
What you will do:
- Perform the month-end close processes to achieve financial reporting timelines.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives in the areas of accounting accuracy and procedural efficiency.
- Perform Business Unit accounting and reporting as required.
- Execute financial close and consolidation procedures utilizing SAP and Hyperion Financial Management systems.
- Prepare accurate management reporting packages with financial results and key operating metrics.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements under both US GAAP and IFRS guidelines.
- Drive fixed asset accounting procedures utilizing the SAP project accounting module.
- Perform lease accounting in compliance with IFRS-16 requirements.
- Perform capital expenditure accounting and analysis; assist with the capital budgeting process.
- Provide ad-hoc analytical support to the Accounting department and senior management as required.
- Perform special projects to support the Accounting department and senior management as requested.
- Monitor key internal controls within the Accounting department and Shared Services.
- Assist the implementation of Corporate, Group, US GAAP, or IFRS accounting and/or policy changes.
- Assist with the annual budget process as required.
- Perform activities of product costing, product manufacturing analysis, inventory valuation, and related reporting and analysis.
- Review and analyze accounting transactions and related financial reports to ensure accuracy and completeness and provide explanations to business partners.
- Preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with the management of financial information and support needed for the annual audit process.
- Ensures compliance with the company’s financial policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Address and answer questions from TKI Business Units and Tessenderlo Group Finance.
- Identify and proactively provide solutions for automation and process improvement while ensuring daily responsibilities are completed with detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related technical field, and a minimum of 3-7 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a diverse team in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Advanced interpersonal skills and the ability to add value to group outcomes through collaboration and developing effective working relationships.
- Experience with manufacturing, cost accounting, and inventory accounting.
- Experience with a publicly traded international corporation.
- Experienced with US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards.
- Experienced with SAP and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) or other ERP systems.
- Advanced analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- High proficiency in IT skills (SAP, Excel, HFM).
- Hands-on approach with attention to detail, organization, reliability, and a “get it done” attitude.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Positive attitude, good communication skills, assertive and strong team player.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401(k) plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401(k) Company Retirement Contribution at year-end at up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation and sick time, and ten paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to $5,000 per calendar year (non-taxable)
- Adoption Assistance - up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Experience level
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- Business unit
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- United States